Day Skipper Theory Course
In fact it’s for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, sea angling or diving, and works well in complementing our on-the-water training, such as the Powerboat Level 2, Start Yachting and Helmsman courses. It’s a highly informative course with lots of opportunities for you to put your new found knowledge in to practice.
Course Topics Include
- The basics of seamanship
- The essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- Electronic charts
- Position fixing
- Plotting a course to steer
- Weather forecasting and meteorology
- Collision regulations
- Construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- Emergency and safety procedures including distress
- Calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
How Long is the course?
The course is taught over 40 hours with two exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions or as an intensive week-long course.
Included in Course
More info about this course
Use our form below to contact us about this course, please provide as much detail as possible including preferred dates, experience to date, number of people wishing to enrol and any other information you think will assist us: