Day Skipper Practical
4 day course
Once you’ve got some miles under your belt and want to skipper your own yacht, it’s time to take your Day Skipper course!
During the course we’ll help you to achieve the required standard of pilotage, navigation, seamanship and boat handling to ensure that you can skipper a yacht safely by day in familiar waters. It’s not obligatory to have taken the shorebased Day Skipper theory course prior the practical course, but it certainly helps and will boost your confidence and skippering ability.
- Suggested minimum pre-course requirement: 2 days practical experience on a motor boat.
- Assumed knowledge: Basic navigation and seamanship, completion of Day Skipper Theory course (recommended).
- Course content: Pilotage, boat handling, seamanship, navigation, emergency situations, meteorology, rules of the road, engine maintenance and minor repairs, victualling and crew welfare.
- Ability after course: Be able to skipper a vessel safely in familiar waters by day, and be able to deal with unforeseen or emergency situations.
- Minimum duration: 4 days.
- Minimum age: 16 years.
Included in Course
More info about this course
Use our form below to contact us about this course, please provide as much detail as possible including preferred dates, experience to date, number of people wishing to enrol and any other information you think will assist us: