Coastal Skipper Practical Motor Cruising
5 day course
This course is designed for those who want to cruise further afield and will provide the skipper with all the skills and techniques to take a motoryacht on coastal and offshore passages by day and by night to new sailing areas.
Each student will skipper the yacht over a longer passage, involving detailed pilotage and passage planning. It is recommended that you complete the Shorebased Coastal Skipper theory course beforehand.
- Suggested pre-course minimum requirement: 15 days sea time (2 days as skipper) 300 nautical miles, 8 night hours.
- Assumed knowledge: Navigation to Coastal Skipper shorebased standard. Practical ability to Day Skipper practical standard.
- Course content: Passage planning, preparation for sea, pilotage, passage making and ability as skipper, yacht handling under power and sail, adverse weather conditions and emergency situations.
- Ability after course: Be able to skipper a vessel on coastal passages by day and by night.
- Minimum duration: 5 days.
- Minimum age: 17.
Included in Course
More info about this course
Use our form below to contact us about this course, please provide as much detail as possible including preferred dates, experience to date, number of people wishing to enrol and any other information you think will assist us: